No matter what happens with the economy, auto parts stores are going to prosper. People will always need transportation, and having access to an automotive supply retailer will make it possible for them to take care of the car they already have, rather than try to buy a new one they can’t afford. If you own or manage an auto part store, you can take advantage of this built-in customer base by making your store clean, organized, and accessible-in other words, an enjoyable experience for your customers! One of the best and simplest ways to do this is by choosing attractive and strong retail display racks.
Customers don’t usually notice retail store display racks, of course-but that’s a sign that the store fixtures are doing their job. Your new auto parts and other merchandise should be highlighted, encouraging customers to buy the things they need (and a few they just want) from your business. Retail display fixtures should be simple and high quality, and your supplier should make it easy for you to choose the right display fixtures for the job.
If you own or operate an automotive parts store, here are some of the best choices of retail display fixtures for your establishment.
- Retail display shelves. Shelves are the backbone of all retail display units, the fixture around which all other fixtures are planned. You can install permanent shelves that will never move, or you can line your aisles with slatwalls, which will allow to you rearrange or or reorganize your shelves to meet your business’s changing needs.
- Rotating wire racks. These freestanding retail display units come in several different shapes and sizes. You can get a small rack to sit on your countertop for encouraging impulse buys, anything from candy to air fresheners. Taller racks can complement end caps, and can be bought with hanging baskets for smaller items, or hooks for hanging ones. Try setting up an automotive theme with these display racks-you might have an end cap with a travel emergency kit, and rotating wire racks stocked with atlases and travel mugs for anyone getting ready for a vacation.
- Plastic or acrylic bins. These transparent bins can be hung on a slatwall, or set side by side on a retail display shelf. Smaller, stackable bins can hold small auto part store items like tire gauges, air fresheners, key rings, or replacement air valve caps. Larger bins are perfect for spark plugs, gas tank caps, gloves, fuses, or light bulbs.
- Pegboards. Pegboards come with hooks as their primary accessory, and allow you to hang things either form the wall or from a freestanding display. This is the perfect store fixture for displaying individual tools or parts that come in boxes. Other miscellaneous accessories, such as inner tubes or bungee cords, can be hung from pegboard store displays.
- Retail display racks. These retail store display tools come in almost every conceivable shape and size, and can help you display anything you need in your auto parts store. You can line your space behind the counter with retails display racks filled with boxes of auto parts, so that your employees can find what they need easily. These racks also make great floor displays of every from candy to carbeuretors.
An auto parts store is a great investment in this difficult economy, as long as you’re paying close attention to your retail fixtures and displays. Nothing increases sales more than a pleasant shopping experience, and having the right display fixtures is a huge part of what makes an automotive store so great.